Seasonal Clean-Ups in Woburn, MA and Beyond.
Murphy’s Law: “Nothing goes according to plan, everything takes longer than you expect, and if anything can go wrong it will, at the worst possible moment.”
Another version of Murphy’s Law: The first 90 percent of a project takes 90 percent of the time; the last 10 percent takes the other 90 percent of the time.”
This is the voice that whispers to you in the softly soothing and friendly manner that is its nature. It comes from somewhere deep down inside, and it’s one and only job in life is to keep you from getting in your own way. This is its nature. It just doesn’t know how to scream at you for being such a banana-head and seriously thinking about making the same mistake you made last year, yet again this year.
Spring and Fall Clean-Ups Near Woburn, MA
As you look out over the entirety of your Greatscape, no matter how large or small it may be, your brain is playing tricks on you. You are looking at the entire property in small chunks without knowing that’s what you’re doing. You see this piece, then this piece, then this piece, and finally that piece. In and of themselves each one of these pieces is eminently doable for you, and in a time frame that you believe is reasonable. Unfortunately, you can’t see the aggregate amount of work that needs to be done, not to mention dragging everything away and putting it somewhere when you’ve finally finished, a day and a half later. This is how you trap yourself.
There is another way your brain plays tricks on you during your initial evaluation of the next seasonal cleanup, the amount of work that needs to be done, and the hours required to get it done. In the development of your plan, you need to account for the possible strategic deployment of available labor assets. That would be you and a couple of teenage children that will be essentially useless after a couple of short and mostly unproductive hours. You have most likely forgotten that the Siren Song of their Smart Phones is more powerful than their as yet undeveloped ability to resist.
Once you have embarked upon the consideration of doing yet another seasonal cleanup, it doesn’t take long before another, less friendly and somewhat more forceful voice appears. its purpose is to drown out the voice for reason. you’ve heard this one before as well. It sounds like: “This can’t be that bad! There really isn’t all that much work to do. I can do this. It will take a half day’s work at most. I’ll burn a few calories and enjoy a good feeling of accomplishment when all is said and done.”
Then just sit back, relax, and enjoy the fact that you’ve just given yourself the precious gift of an entire day and half’s worth of life, at the cost of a Seasonal Cleanup, expertly performed by a dedicated team of Landscape Professionals! Call Gerrior Masonry and Landscape to schedule your seasonal yard clean up at 781.933.4157 or click to complete our estimate request form.